Fiddle Knits Designs

Welcome to the forums! Chat with other knitters and crocheters about Fiddle Knits Designs patterns. Ask questions, get help on patterns, and enable fellow crafters to buy more yarn., o)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

It's really hard to knit/crochet...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: It's really hard to knit/crochet...   Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 pm

... with a sore right thumb! I somehow managed to dislocate my thumb while sleeping the other night. How? Well, because I'm special like that. I tend to sleep with my fingers splayed (for whatever reason). I was sleeping on my left side and I had my right arm tucked behind me under my left hip (fingers splayed). I rolled over toward my right side, but forgot (because I was sleeping) to move my right arm. The result was forcing my right thumb backward. I woke up to a sharp pop, pain, and then painful numb throbbing from the palm of my hand to my elbow. Nice. It's been a bit hard not to knit/crochet for the last few days. Luckily I was a lot of pattern layout work and website stuff to keep me busy. My yarn is piled up staring at me making me feel guilty. Good thing I don't have any crucial deadlines at the moment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FiddleKnits.com
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: It's really hard to knit/crochet...   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:48 am

I hope your thumb will get better soon. It really hurts to twist a finger like that. Did you put ice on it after it happened?

I once twisted my thumb backwards while walking with the dogs. They saw a rabbit hopping on our right side and tried to chase him. While they tried to run past me on my right side I managed to get my thumb rolled up between their leashes and then when they pulled really hard just to the wrong direction, it seriously hurt. It took some time to heal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's really hard to knit/crochet...   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 am

Quote :
I hope your thumb will get better soon. It really hurts to twist a finger like that. Did you put ice on it after it happened?

I hope so too! And no, I didn't put ice on it. I was too lazy lol I was exhausted and fell back to sleep whimpering and moaning. Ha. Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FiddleKnits.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's really hard to knit/crochet...   

Back to top Go down

It's really hard to knit/crochet...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1