Fiddle Knits Designs

Welcome to the forums! Chat with other knitters and crocheters about Fiddle Knits Designs patterns. Ask questions, get help on patterns, and enable fellow crafters to buy more yarn., o)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

It's official: I'm a knitting loser.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaSu

PostSubject: It's official: I'm a knitting loser.   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 pm

I had to frog the Polly. I can't get past row 16, that's where I'll drop so many yos that it's game over for me. This was my fourth (!) try on that row. I'm just so frustrated now. The pattern is so beautiful and I already hoped that I could wear it as soon as the weather gets warm enough. Any suggestions for modifying the lace edge? Maybe only knit rows 1-12 once or twice? I want my Polly Sad

I think I will knit other projects now for a while and maybe order the yarn for Bonnie Kate and let myself calm down a bit. The good thing is that the pattern is so timeless and elegant that I can wear it next summer too, if I can't get it finished now.

I think I'll make myself some Japanese tea now and breath very deeply. And maybe feel sorry for myself for a tiny second. After that it's business as usual again Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's official: I'm a knitting loser.   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Oh no! Frogged?! Crying or Very sad What a bummer. I know it won't really make you feel any better, but I frog stuff ALL THE TIME. My Mom is constantly amazed that I just rip things out. Sometimes when they're completely done. I've become pretty hardened to it at this point. Have to when you design. Name of the game. However.... I'm supposed to do a good enough job so *you* don't have to worry.

You could try repeating rows 1-9 two or three times (depending on the length you want) and see if that might look ok. Or you can modify the lace entirely and use any other 9 stitch lace repeat you can find.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FiddleKnits.com
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: It's official: I'm a knitting loser.   Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 am

That's a good suggestion, I think I'll knit rows 1-9 three times, that would make 27 rows. 5 rows more won't make it significally bigger. I'll probably get both my KALs going first and then begin the Polly too. I'm still aiming to finish it for summer. The good thing is that now I've been practising the first 15 rows so many times that knitting the lace edge is quite fast already. Repeating rows 1-9 is no problem at this point Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It's official: I'm a knitting loser.   Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 am

Quote :
The good thing is that now I've been practising the first 15 rows so many times that knitting the lace edge is quite fast already. Repeating rows 1-9 is no problem at this point

Ya for staying positive! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FiddleKnits.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: I'm a knitting loser.   

Back to top Go down

It's official: I'm a knitting loser.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1