Fiddle Knits Designs

Welcome to the forums! Chat with other knitters and crocheters about Fiddle Knits Designs patterns. Ask questions, get help on patterns, and enable fellow crafters to buy more yarn., o)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What are you knitting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaSu

PostSubject: What are you knitting?   Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm

I have now started on Pretty Polly. Though I've only knitted three rows. My wrists are still a bit aching, but much better than they were a couple of weeks ago. And I'm also knitting the Lady Grey leg warmers. I thought about leaving the pompoms out for yoga version and maybe knit another pair to use with my outdoor shoes in the winter. So, these are my current FKD projects which I'm trying to finish along with poodle mittens for myself. I already made the pair for my sil and it's definitely my turn now:)

And I had a great idea! I thought about knitting christmas socks from the Lady Grey pattern. Maybe even knee highs. I like woolly knee highs, but I've never made a pair, because I doubt they will stay up. I have a pattern for customed knee highs, so I figured I'll knit a pair with that pattern and then try if I can make the Lady Grey pattern work to be longer socks. Obviously this will be somewhere around the 25th century, knowing my speed lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangecamper

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 am

What am I not knitting? Laughing
I currently have a hoodie, a tank top, a very basic triangular shawl, and some socks on the sticks. I like variety, haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Oh the many projects we knit...   Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:22 am

Taru,
Knee highs? Did you say knee highs? There are knee highs in the FKD future. Granted, it's gonna be a few months before they get released. A collection I'm doing that scheduled for Fall release is going to be all DK to worsted weight socks, slippers, and legwarmers. The really fun part? (At least for me...) The collection is based around board games! So much fun! cat

Ok, so what am I knitting? Well... A bunch of stuff that's not out yet. I'm working on the Meditation Hat from Knit Picks Chroma. This will be part of a collection with the Love Birds Chapeau and the Thistle & Shamrock Beanie. So far I like it a lot. I had started to work out a different hat for the same collection with koi fish on it, but the koi were misbehaving, so they're in time out.
My other project is a shawl called A Certain Shade of Green. (Like the Incubus song. See below.) I'm thinking of releasing it as the first design from my green collection and making it a mystery knit-along. If I do it as a KAL it'll have 3 or 4 parts with each part/section of the pattern being released on a Friday morning one week apart. I'm really close to finishing (hopefully I'll get it done today) and then I'll make the decision. Anyone interested in a mystery KAL? The shawl is about a light worsted weight on size 7 needles.

A Certain Shade of Green: Incubus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPZqRktTSNI
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FiddleKnits.com
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:39 am

So, it looks like it's starting to be quite clear what I'll be knitting in the future. Knee highs sound really good! Do you read minds or something?Wink I already know I'll like them. I assume designers design clothing they would want to wear themselves, so it seems like we have pretty much similar taste in clothing. Good for me!Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:29 am

Knitted a few rows of the Pretty Polly, I'm now on row 6 of the lace edge. Slowly, but surely it will finish at some point. I had to frog the Lady Grey leg warmers, because I wasn't quite happy with the yarn I chose, it didn't match gauge after all. But I have yarn in my stash which does. I had reserved that yarn for the Wylde Oats Hat, but I'll buy new yarn for the hat later then.

I have an ambitious goal to knit my currently owned FKD patterns before autumn. Of course there will be more patterns coming all the time, but that's just good Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 am

The lace edging of Pretty Polly went fairly slowly for me too.

As for more patterns coming out.... there will be many, many new patterns... you have no idea.... You see new crochet patterns from me coming out frequently and not so many knit design. BUT this is NOT because I haven't been doing knit designs. Nope, quite the opposite. I have lots of new patterns ready, but I'm saving them up because they're all parts of collections that I will release designs for one at a time like I did for Musical Minds and Sweet Treats. The first 2 collections will be Shades of Green and the Hat collection that is yet unnamed.
Back to top Go down
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 am

I'm actually glad there's going to be sock patterns, because lately all my socks are starting to get broken. Of course, since I have knitted them at pretty much the same time. I use practically only selfmade socks, so walking with the dogs and everything else really makes them look a bit worn out. I have lost three pairs of socks in the last two weeks! I usually fix the socks (Waste not, says my mom:) ) but then they just get torn from the side of the fixed spot after a while.

In Finland dk and aran weight are considered as "traditional" yarn weight for pretty much everything. Might have something to do with the climate... Older knitters have usually never even heard of this fingering weight yarn which in other countries outside Scandinavia is called sock yarn. If I'd asked my grandmother to bring me a skein of sock yarn, she would bring me an aran weight skein. But the new knitting generation loves fingering weight socks and shawls. I do too, but I also like the traditional socks in aran weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:06 am

Then you're in luck... My socks and slippers collection will consist of DK and worsted weight designs. Nothing in thin sock yarn fingering or sport weight sock yarn. :-D
Back to top Go down
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 am

I bought new yarn for the Lady Grey leg warmers. That way I can keep the yarn intended for the Wylde Oats Hat. I'm going to start the leg warmers again after both my KALs are over. Yesterday I knitted my poodle mittens, hoping I'd finish them soon. They both only have 25 rows plus thumbs left. It takes me exactly 1 hour 5 minutes to knit 10 rows of that pattern. A very steady speed... So much knitting.

I'll knit a few rows of Polly tonight. It takes me an hour to knit four rows of the lace edge. Am I slow?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 am

TaSu wrote:

I'll knit a few rows of Polly tonight. It takes me an hour to knit four rows of the lace edge. Am I slow?

Knitted some more. I think it's going a bit faster now. The cotton yarn isn't that fun to knit. But it's really beautiful and I like the olive green colour. I'm being so cautious and slow partly because I really don't want to make stupid mistakes. One thing that would be more even more irritating than knitting cotton would be frogging back and knitting again. So, I rather knit slowly and correctly than faster and knit again because of mistakes.

I think the dogs want out. I'm glad it's a good weather outside, it really feels like spring now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 am

Quote :
One thing that would be more even more irritating than knitting cotton would be frogging back and knitting again.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:19 am

Ok... I finally have some time to knit before going to bed. I had to frog the Polly yesterday for four rows, but I knitted that back and I'm now going for row 15. Apparently there's going to be a p3tog and that scares me! I once tried to knit a dishcloth from Allhemp yarn, and there was a k3tog and I just couldn't manage it! The yarn was so tight. So, Your Royal Knitting Highness, do you think the p3tog would look bad if I slipped one stitch and then purled 2tog and passed the slipped stitch over? Heeeelp!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hahaha! You ask this of the girl with the motto "do whatever you want? Wink I've never tried (sl-1, p2tog, psso) as a replacement, but it you're that worried I'd probably try it. How about making a little swatch in the yarn you're using and working a p3tog and also the other way. See how they look and how they feel in your yarn. Then decide.
Back to top Go down
TaSu

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm

I tried yesterday to knit the p3tog and it was impossible. So, I think I'll go for a replacing method. I hope it will work, I want my Polly to finish. If it'll look tidy, it doesn't bother me, if it changes the look a bit, as long as it's not disturbingly different. So, when I'll be wearing it, people won't ask "What's going on with that lace section?" Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiddle Knits
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:25 am

In that case, I think your fix would be fine. If I were you I'd go ahead and do it (the slip, p2tog, psso) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you knitting?   

Back to top Go down

What are you knitting?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1